Emily qualified as a solicitor in March 2017 and worked at a regional North Yorkshire firm before joining McCormicks in June 2018. Emily assists Jon Healey in providing Corporate and Commercial services to clients.
Emily graduated from Durham University with an upper second class honours degree before completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in York.
Emily has experience in the following matters:
- Acting for individuals and companies on corporate transactions for the sale or purchase of businesses or shares;
- Reviewing and advising on company and business structure including drafting partnership and shareholders’ agreements and articles of association;
- Assisting with incorporations, re-structuring and general company administration;
- Negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts, including agency and sub-contractor agreements; and
- Updating terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Emily also has a keen interest in IP law and regularly deals with trademark applications and assignments.