Emma is a Consultant Solicitor, working in the Employment Department.
Prior to working with McCormicks, Emma trained to be a Solicitor, and worked for several years at an international commercial law firm in London. She then moved to Yorkshire to work for another large international commercial law firm, in Leeds.
Emma specialises in Employment Law and has experience in both contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- Claims for unfair/wrongful dismissal, discrimination, equal pay and whistleblowing in the Employment Tribunal;
- Settlement Agreements;
- Advising employers on grievance and disciplinary matters and the termination of employment;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts of employment and service agreements;
- Drafting staff handbooks and policies;
- Advising on TUPE issues; and
- Advising on employment aspects of corporate and property transactions.
Emma provides clear, practical and cost-effective advice.