Iain is the Head of Employment at McCormicks.
Iain has received recommendations in the leading independent Guides to the profession, The Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Iain advises on all areas of contentious and non-contentious employment matters including:
- Settlement agreements and negotiated exits
- Directors and boardroom disputes
- Claims for unfair/wrongful dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing in the Employment Tribunal
- Drafting and negotiating contracts of employment and service agreements
- Advising on grievance and disciplinary matters and the termination of employment
- TUPE advice and advising on employment aspects of corporate and property transactions
- Advising on the implementation and enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations
- Trade union issues, redundancy and restructuring
- Partnership matters and disputes
Iain has advised businesses across a range of sectors including tech, manufacturing, financial services, recruitment, transport and logistics and health and social care.
Iain is a CEDR accredited mediator and an accredited workplace mediator. He can also be instructed as an independent investigator in relation to employment issues. He also advises on GDPR and Data Protection matters in employment and commercial work, including compliance and data breaches.