Claire has extensive experience in commercial property transactions, which includes:
- acquisition and disposal of freehold and commercial leasehold properties including offices, shopping centres, business parks, retail units, residential care homes, hotels, pubs and restaurants;
- transactional landlord and tenant work including lease renewals and assignments;
- acquisition of land for residential and commercial development;
- acquisition of land for the development of telecommunications infrastructure;
- portfolio acquisitions and subsequent break-up and disposals;
- management of client property portfolios.
Claire has worked in both private practice and, more recently in-house and has joined McCormicks from an investment company where she managed the legal aspects of the extensive property portfolio, including the provision of related strategic and commercial advice to the board, and dealt with freehold and leasehold property acquisitions and disposals and landlord and tenant matters.
Since qualifying as a solicitor, Claire has acted for the NHS, a major supermarket chain, the Department of Transport, an international shopping centre developer, financial institutions, local authorities, property developers, companies, landowners, partnerships, sole traders and individuals.